We promote and support the global success of your company. We facilitate your entry into the Asian markets.
- High quality service
- Exceptional expertise (entrepreneurship, finance, management,
operations, research & development)
- Access to experts on Asian business
- Your partner – from giving advice to setting up
turnkey production facilities
How everything started
IMES founder Prof. Dr. Weidmann started in the banking business.
As a member of the Executive Management Board of Swiss Banking Corporation (SBC), he was responsible for corporate finance in charge of domestic corporate clients.
In 1997, his clients – small and medium-size businesses – were hit by an economic downturn. The main reason was the globalization process triggered, among others, by the growth of the WTO World Trade Organisation, which provided for a step-by-step reduction of tax barriers and goods offered at favourable prices. European companies were – mostly involuntarily – forced to shift labour-intense work to Asia (in parallel)
IMES Management AG’s business goal was to support these clients of the bank by establishing new production facilities in Asia.
Before 2000, the main motivation was cheap labour and therefore lower production costs; in the new millennium, the reason to go East is mainly to penetrate the new developing markets.
Bridging the gap between Europe and Asia
We are the leading organisation in Europe to provide the following services in Asia:
- Set-up production facilities
- Supplier bases
- Business partnerships
Experts in business consulting and OEM start-ups
We support you in Europe and Asia focusing on:
- Improving your operation to world-class level
- Restructuring, turnarounds and organizational structures
- Establishing OEM start-up companies from planning phase till mass production
Four good reasons to choose IMES
Profound experience in setting up new plants in Far East
- Feasibility studies, assess locations, project planning and organization
- Familiar with construction business in China (partners, procedures, authorities)
- Project Management of several green-field plants for Swiss companies up to 70 MCHF since 2010
Proven track record in Operation Excellence and restructuring
- Worldwide consolidation and relocation of production facilities in Europe and Asia
- Implementation of all kinds of outsourcing process
- Establishing Operational Excellence process (lean production, Just-in-time)
Large local network and toolbox
- Comprehensive databases for Asia suppliers and contract manufacturers, visit of > 100 suppliers
- Local network allowing you to find appropriate local partners (suppliers, contractors, design companies, lawyers, certification and insurance agents, tenants)
- Learnings of realized plants in China, visit of 150 green field reference projects
- One partner for you – covering every discipline
- From planning to troubleshooting
- Hands-on approach